TERREX will not collect, use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent and knowledge of the individual or as required by law. In most cases, TERREX relies on expressed consent. However, where the purpose of the collection of personal information is obvious, TERREX may rely on your implied or deemed consent.
What personal information does TERREX collect?
Personal Information is information about you that identifies you as an individual, for example, your name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through responses to surveys, search functions, questionnaires, feedback, TERREX mailing list, Espace Alert mailer, and/or others. We may also ask you to provide additional information such as your e-mail address if you want to obtain additional services and information.
How does TERREX use your personal information?
Before forwarding us any personal information, please be advised that any information gathered on our website may be used in the aggregate for research and development relating to our current website and/or for future site development and, if you ask us to, to send you promotional materials. In particular, we may use information gathered about you for the following purposes:
- to receive and reply to your requests, inquiries and comments;
- (with your consent) to send you information about properties and promotions offered by TERREX and / or contacting you to conduct telephone surveys and market research;
- to understand your preferences, needs and interests offering information that is likely to be of interest to you while personalizing your experience when visiting our website;
- to create a profile relating to you in order to show you the content that might be of interest to you and to display the content according to your preferences; and
- in circumstances where you have indicated that you wish to receive additional information, to send you information about our properties and services from time to time.
Why does TERREX collect your personal information?
TERREX collects your personal information and limits its use to what is necessary for the purposes that it has mentioned. TERREX always obtains personal information through fair and legal methods. TERREX collects your personal information to fulfill the following commercial purposes:
- to establish and maintain responsible commercial relations and to provide ongoing service, and communication;
- to understand customer needs, trends and preferences;
- to evaluate, develop, enhance, market or provide TERREX’s services;
- to manage and develop TERREX’s business and operations;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- to protect TERREX against error and fraud; and
- for any other purpose to which an individual consents.
With whom would TERREX share your personal information?
As a general rule, TERREX will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the person or as required by law. TERREX may disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- to a company or individual retained by TERREX to perform functions on its behalf, such as research or data processing;
- to a company or individual retained by TERREX for the evaluation, development, enhancement, marketing or provision of any of TERREX products or services; and
- to a third party or parties, where the customer consents to such disclosure or disclosure is required by law.
TERREX, in common with many website operators, may use standard technology called “cookies” on our website. Cookies are small data files that are downloaded onto your computer when you visit a particular website. You can disable cookies by turning them off in your browser; however, some areas of our website may not function properly if you do so.
Protection of Personal Information
Our Commitment to Security
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. TERREX applies security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, such as retaining information in secure facilities and making personal information accessible only to authorized employees on a need-to-know basis.
Storage of Information